These days there are many gluten-free stir-fry sauces available, but if you find them too expensive for your budget you can easily make one of your own. Since I like to have a stir-fry every week, I find I go through a lot of sauce, so making my own is a good solution.
- 1 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (you don't have to add this, but the alcohol does evaporate in cooking, leaving just the great flavour.)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (maple syrup or honey can be used as well)
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce or crushed pepper flakes (optional. Add to taste.)
Check Amazon for any hard-to-find ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate.
- Since you are using all fresh ingredients this will not keep as long as a processed sauce, therefore if you will not use it all within a few days, freeze in an ice cube tray and remove portions as needed.