I've tested a lot of different pizza recipes since I've taken up the Paleo lifestyle, but the one I'm giving you today is definitely my favourite. Then again you know I'm all about making things as simple as possible, and this recipe gives you all the flavour of pizza with hardly any work.
There are only a few ingredients, no mucking about making a crust, and the results are really delicious. For those of you who can't eat nuts and are not really happy with any of the other crust alternatives, this is a great option, not to mention that it works perfectly for a Ketogenic version of the Primal Paleo diet.
To make it even easier, I make my version in my mini oven, so I use a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. It makes 4 slices - 2 very filling servings.
2 ounces of soft cream cheese
2 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Pizza seasoning (I use Frontier Herb Pizza Seasoning Blend - 1.04 oz)
1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes (leave this out if you don't like it spicy.)
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup organic pizza sauce (I use Eden Foods Sauce Organic Pizza Pasta Gls 14 oz.)
8 black olives, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350'F
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. (I also like to line the bottom with parchment paper. This makes it really easy when it comes to cutting slices.)
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender, combine the cream cheese and eggs until you have a smooth batter. Add the cream, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the garlic power and 1/4 teaspoon of the Pizza Seasoning. Blend again until smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the Mozzarella evenly over the bottom of the baking dish, then pour the egg mixture over it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then take it out of the oven.
- Spread the top with the pizza sauce, sprinkle the rest of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese evenly over the top, and add 4 olive halves to each quarter.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Once you take it out of the oven, leave it to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting into 4 slices and serving.
I like to serve it with a spinach and arugula salad with an olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing and sprinkled with chopped cooked bacon.
It's hard to believe this is a healthy Primal Paleo Ketogenic meal isn't it ?!?